We provide this privacy statement that explains our online information practices so that you can decide whether and how to interact with the Site and the Services.
We may disclose your information when we deem it appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site’s policies, or protect our or other rights, property or safety.
Please also read our section of the Terms and Conditions, which governs the use of the Site and its users.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details and other identifiable information
This site collects certain information about users, which may include username and password, contact information, or any other information that you enter on the site. It can also identify your IP address to help identify you on future visits to the site. At our discretion, the Site may use this data to:
- Personalize your user experience and / or customer service;
- Improve the site;
- To process transactions;
- Administration of a contest, promotion, survey or other feature or function of the site;
- Send email to users;
- Inquiries (if you send us a comment or question, or make a support request, we will retain the information you provide to us for the purpose of responding to you, as well as to improve the Services and our customers’ use of our Services.);
- Web Logs (We maintain web logs that automatically record basic information about everyone who visits the Services. We use web log information to help us develop our website, identify popular features, improve our services, and for other management and for analytical purposes. We may also use web logs to help identify any person who may be abusing the Services. These logs contain: the Internet domain from which you access the Services, your IP address, the type of browser and operating system that you use, the date and time you visited the Services, the pages you visited on the Services, the address of the website from which you came to access the Services).
Sharing user data
The site may share user data with third parties who help the site owner to manage and manage the site, are its advertisers and marketing partners, buy or rent data for purposes not limited to working with this site.
The site will only share such user data with these third parties in aggregate, using the collected data, reports of user activity and data that the site collects, but not identifying individual users. Information limited or identifying individual users of the site will not be transferred.
Data Subject Rights
If you are located in the EU as a data subject in accordance with the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access – This right allows individuals to obtain confirmation of whether their personal data is being processed and provides access to such personal data. It also allows individuals to request details of the processing of his or her personal data, including but not limited to the categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed and the purposes of the processing.
- Right to rectification – This right allows individuals to rectify any inaccurate personal information about themselves or about her.
- Right to restrict processing – This right allows individuals to block or suppress the processing of personal data under certain circumstances.
- The right to be forgotten – this right is also known as the “right to erasure”. The human right to delete personal data or to prevent processing in certain circumstances is a right.
- The right to data portability is a right that allows people to safely move, copy or transfer personal data from one place to another without compromising the integrity and usability of the information.
- Right to object to processing – This right allows individuals to object to certain types of processing, including direct marketing, profiling and provision for scientific or historical research and statistical purposes.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that in order for you to claim these rights, we may need to verify your identity in order to verify your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data will not be disclosed to anyone who is not entitled to receive it. To verify your identity, we may need to collect more personal information from you than we currently have.
The following applies to our site when viewed on a mobile device:
When accessed using a mobile device, our site may automatically collect information such as your mobile device type, device identifiers and information about your use of the site. Regardless of the device you use to access the site, it will also collect the information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the site and its content.
If location services are activated on your mobile device, our site may collect information about the location of your device. Mobile service providers may collect device information such as device ID when you use our website or one of our mobile applications. This information collected by your mobile network service will not be associated with your user account or with your personal information.
Protecting user information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you share with the site.
Third party cookies
This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widely used and trusted analytics solutions on the Internet to help us understand how you use the site and how we can improve your experience. These cookies can track things like the time you spend on the site and the pages you visit so that we can continue to create interesting content. We also use third-party analytics to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to create interesting content. These cookies can track things like the time you spend on the site or the pages you visit, which helps us understand how we can improve the site for you.
We also use social media buttons and plugins on this site that allow you to connect to your social network in a variety of ways. In order for them to work, the following social networking sites, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube, will set cookies through our site, which can be used to improve your profile on their site or to insert data into the data they hold for various purposes. specified in their respective privacy policies.
Usernames, passwords and profiles
When prompted, Users must provide the Site with a valid email address to which the User can receive messages. The user must also update the Site if this email address changes. The site reserves the right to close any user account if a valid email address is requested but not provided by the user.
If the Site offers or allows a user to create a username or profile, Users agree not to choose a username or provide any profile information that could impersonate someone or could cause confusion with any other person or entity. The site reserves the right to cancel the user account or change the username or profile data at any time. Likewise, if the Site offers or allows a user to create an avatar or upload an image, the User agrees not to use any image that impersonates another person or entity, or that could otherwise cause confusion.
You are responsible for protecting your username and password on the Site and agree not to disclose them to third parties. We recommend using a password that is more than eight characters long. You are responsible for all activities on your account, whether you have authorized it or not. You agree to inform us of any unauthorized use of your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that if you want to protect your interaction with the Site, you must use a secure encrypted connection, virtual private network or other appropriate measures.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data in order to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely the development of our business).
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes, we will obtain your explicit consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our emails or by sending us an email at email@example.com.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions such as purchases, warranty registrations, etc.
Third party software manages browser notifications. If you have enabled browser notifications (pop-ups on your device when an article is published), you can opt-out by following the general instructions below. Please note that these instructions may differ depending on the browser version and device:
In Chrome, go to Settings, then go to Advanced. Select Content Settings under Privacy & Security. Select Notifications, where you can manage specific site notifications in the Block and Allow sections. If you want to disable notifications for the Site, select its list and check the “Block” box.
In Firefox, go to the menu and select Options. Go to the “Privacy & Security” section. Go to the Permissions section and then click on Notification Settings where you can turn off notifications for specific sites.
In Safari, go to Settings, then Sites, and then Notifications, where you can choose which sites can send you notifications.
On Android mobile devices, open the Chrome browser and go to Menu, then go to Settings. Go to Site Settings and then to Notifications, where you can define which sites you want to allow notifications for. On the next screen, select Clean and Reset, then click the options you want.
How we use your information
Here’s how we can use your information and data:
Talking with you. We may use the information we collect from you to contact you and respond to your inquiries. These communications may, for example, take the form of service updates, promotions or services that we or one of our marketing partners provide, or electronic newsletters.
Service Providers: We sometimes contract with third party service providers to perform functions for us. These service providers may be given access to the information we collect to perform these functions, but they will be contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information and not use it for any other purpose.
Business transfer: If we transferred all or substantially all of our assets to another company, one of the assets that we would likely include in the transfer is our personal information database.
Legal Disclosures: We will disclose personal information when required by law, regulation, or securities exchange request, such as in response to a court order or subpoena. We may also disclose such information in response to a request from law enforcement agencies or when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to protect our legal rights or to protect someone’s property or safety.
How we share information and why
We may need to transfer your personal data to the parties listed below:
- Other companies in our group that provide services to us.
- Other companies in our group that provide services to us.
- Professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Government agencies that require us to report processing activities.
- Using third-party advertising platforms so that we can create advertising campaigns for marketing campaigns (for example, using your email address to create a targeted Facebook audience).
- When you participate in an interactive area of our website, services and products, and your information may be displayed to other users: such information may include your name, photo, comment and other information that you have chosen to provide at the time of submission. In the case of surveys, we will never share personal information without explicit consent.
- In response to a request for information if we believe the disclosure is appropriate or required by applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- If we believe that your actions are incompatible with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of the Company or others.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer or combine parts of our business or our assets.
- With your consent or at your direction.
We require that all third parties to whom we share your data respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specific purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
These terms were last updated on March 30, 2021.